Teller/Customer Service Representative
- Expired: November 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eureka Homestead has been providing sensible and progressive savings and mortgage options to the Greater New Orleans community since 1884. We are a community based savings and loan that offers traditional deposit and loan products.
The teller/customer service representative is responsible for the following:
· Answering and transferring calls using bank approved proper phone etiquette.
· Maintaining a cash drawer and customer information securely and confidentially.
· Able to research and clear teller overages and shortages.
· Processing mortgage payments, share loan payments, savings transactions and certificate transactions, as well as handling of cash related to such transactions.
· Opening and closing savings accounts and certificate of deposit accounts.
· Completing bank mandated ongoing compliance training.
· Mailing statements and interest checks.
· Data entry and filing.
· Assisting Loan Servicing Department with paying insurance and property taxes.
· Assisting Accounting Department with transfers and processing accounts payable checks.
· Assisting Mortgage Department with processing new loan set-ups and loan payoffs.
· Cross train additional duties as needed.
· Team oriented to participate in the success of Eureka Homestead.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
· Must be able to operate office machines; copier, fax, scanner, and calculator.
· Must have excellent communication skills.
· Minimum of 6 months cash handling and customer service experience.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a credit check.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service in a non-discriminatory manner.
· Ability to maintain ethical and professional image and behavior at all times.
· Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and courteous attitude at all times.
· Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and staying abreast of changes.
· Ability to contribute to a safe and comfortable work environment.
· Ability to interact professionally with customers.
· Ability to maintain compliance with bank policies and procedures.
· Proof of COVID vaccination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22,000.00 - $23,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Eureka Homestead