The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Strategy & Planning
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Track project milestones and deliverables.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Establish and refine PMO strategies, policies, and procedures.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
· Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of project management, MIS/CIS, computer science, engineering, or architecture.
· Certifications in Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required), Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PMI-ACP), Program Management (PgMP) or Portfolio Management (PfMP).
Knowledge & Experience
· 8 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
· Experience working in a Project Management Office.
· Experience in manufacturing or medical technology or device industries.
· Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, & Planner.
· Familiar with programming languages, including C#, Java.
· Database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server
· Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as Salesforce.com, Office 365 Online.
· Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including CRM, Microsoft Azure.
· Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
· Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, Microsoft Planner, Teams, and Project.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Flexible during times of change.
· Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
· Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
· Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Customer service skills an asset.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.