Administrative Office Assistant-
Etz Chaim Synagogue is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support our congregants, clergy, and staff.
Qualified candidates will have previous experience in office administration, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills. We seek warmth, good humor, friendliness, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain perspective, as well as the ability to respond to community members concerns with sensitivity and care. Strong organizational skills and computer literacy (Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and PowerPoint) are a must, as is the ability to self-monitor and structure your priorities appropriately. Previous experience with Jewish organizations and/or non-profits is helpful but not necessary.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Perform customer service for congregants and community members.
· Create, edit, and send yearly, quarterly, and weekly email and print publications. Mail merge and print labels.
· Simultaneously maintain and address short-term/weekly to-do list as well as longer-term/big-picture to-do list.
· Maintain and update the Google calendar. Coordinate with all relevant parties.
· Coordinate event planning and serve as the office point of contact.
· Create and send mail merges, and general mailings.
· Engage in donor acknowledgement utilizing Excel and Word mail merges.
· Utilize, maintain, and update Administrative “How-to” Guide.
· Refine and support implementation of “New Member Process.”
· Create and send e-blasts (in Constant Contact) for fundraisers, special events, as needed.
Hours per week: 40.
Compensation: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Start date: two weeks
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email. NO PHONE CALLS. Additional information about Etz Chaim can be found on our website: www.etzchaim.org