Ettie Lee Youth & Family Services has served the complex needs of at-risk youth with emotional and behavioral problems and their families throughout Southern California for nearly 70 years.
Currently, Ettie Lee is seeking a Residential Counselor for its Short Term Residential Treatment Program (STRTP).
The Residential Counselor will work with Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) youth placed in a 24/7 residential setting by Children and Family Services (CFS)/Probation. As a member of the STRTP Team, the Residential Counselor is vital in setting the tone, direction and priorities of the residents by utilizing a Trauma-Informed Approach. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of youth, families and the community, this position may be right for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the daily living environment of the home including supporting clients in school
- Work closely with therapists and are under the coordination of the Administrators and the Program Manager
- Helping residents manage their response to traumatic stress that results in behaviors such as running away, fighting, substance use and non-compliance
- Providing daily leisure-time and recreation activities
- Ensuring medical and dental needs are met
- Preparing and distributing meals and clothing shopping
- Documentation of client progress
- Maintaining a safe and clean living environment
Counselors are crucial to the Ettie Lee team as they provide direct care to the youth served. They must come to the position with a great amount of dedication, acceptance and understanding. It is important they are resilient with a great deal of "bounce back" due to the pressures of the work.
Why you should work with with us - great benefits:
- 100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with 2% match
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Generous Time Off Accrual
- Unused Sick Leave Reimbursement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Scholarship
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Must have one of the following qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year.
· Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, physical exam and drug test
· Must have a valid California Driver’s License, a minimum of 5 years of driving experience and a DMV record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
· Must be 21 years or older
Hours and Shifts:
Full-Time shifts for the position are either Sundays - Wednesdays or Wednesdays - Saturdays. All available shifts are afternoon into evening hours. Your schedule will be determined in the interviewing process.
On-Call positions are available as well.
Job Type/Rate: Part-Time & Full-Time: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
Only completed applications (including 3 professional references and an electronic signature) will be considered. Thank you.