Do you like to work with your hands? Are you the type of person who likes to learn and grow in an organization?
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Etna may just be the place for you.
ETNA SUPPLY OFFERS:
- Quarterly Bonuses
- 401K with Company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Dental and Vision
- and MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
Servicing customers at the will call counters, including but not limited to: picking and packaging of orders for customer pick-up, carton packaging, and backing up sales counter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Understand the layout of the warehouse/yard and bin location system, as well as the different types of product Etna stocks.
- Service counter customers’ needs through entering sales orders, expediting b/o’s, purchasing and or transferring special order or non stock items.
- Gather materials/products in the warehouse and or yard to package/assemble for customer pick-up within one hour of the order being printed.
- Use care in the handling of all materials and/or products.
- Prevent shipping errors and inventory errors through verifying of ones own work.
- Mark all products for pick-up with customer’s name, carton count.
- Stage picked orders to appropriate staging bin location.
- Sign, date, and completely fill out all order documents/credits.
- Backing up service counter customers’ needs through entering sales orders, expediting b/o’s, purchases and or transferring special order or non-stock items.
- Operate all material handling equipment safely while adhering to all safety regulations.
- Backing up carton packaging to prevent shipping errors and inventory errors.
- Assist in the stocking, cleaning, up keeping and appearance of the sales counter area.
- Maintain and build business relationships with customers.
- Take part in the promotion/displaying of new products.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, customer service, negotiation, stress management, and detail-orientation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Working knowledge of basic financial concepts, such as margins, profit, and discounts.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Basic adding, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills with or without using a calculator.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must possess Plumbing/Waterworks product knowledge with an understanding of product application.
- Computer skills and/or computer literate with working knowledge of Eclipse.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive hi-lo.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; handle, grasp, reach, and use fingers.
- Regularly required to sit; climb, bend, and stoop; push, pull, and carry; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.