- Posted: 12 hours ago
Veterinary Emergency + Referral Center of Hawaii (VERC) is an advanced 24-hour veterinary emergency and specialty hospital. Our dedicated board-certified specialists and highly-trained emergency professionals provide a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. Supported by our modern, state-of-the-art facility, we offer a full in-house laboratory, ultrasound, CT, MRI and electrochemotherapy.
At VERC, our mission is to provide the highest standard of emergency and specialty medicine, offering the most comprehensive and progressive patient care on the Hawaiian Islands.
About the Job: As a Veterinary Technician, your duties would include, but not limited to
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partner with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures, and catheter placement
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilize different modalities of radiology imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Provide outstanding client care to maintain long-term relationship with clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to different communication styles
- Work history demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills as well as a strong sense of personal accountability
- Ability to maintain professional composure and a positive attitude in a high-performance culture with ever changing demands
- Knowledgeable of and able to effectively operate patient monitoring, laboratory, radiographic and anesthetic equipment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and compute rate, ratio and percent to accurately calculate volumes and rates of medications and other treatments
- 2 years’ experience as a veterinary assistant/technician in a progressive general practice and/or 1 years in a specialty practice
Benefits of Working at Veterinary Emergency + Referral Center of Hawaii:
Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?