Veterinary Technician - ICU Overnights
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking to add an experienced technician to join our team.
About the Role: The Veterinary Technician will be responsible for providing excellent care to our hospitalized and ICU patients overnight. The overnight technician supports the entire hospital and will be caring for various types of hospitalized patients. These patients could include postoperative surgical patients, internal medicine patients, ICU patients, Urgent Care patients, oncology patients, and Ophthalmology patients. This position is great for any Veterinary Technician that likes variability between shifts. Candidate must have the ability to work independently.
About you: We are looking for someone with:
- Collecting samples, placing IV catheters, preparing IV fluids and additives, advanced technical skills.
- Calculating and administering medication, fluid additives, CRI's
- Obtaining and reporting vitals, monitoring telemetry, monitoring oxygen-dependent patients
- Placement and maintenance of nasogastric tube, nasal cannula, central venous catheters
- Must be able to prioritize patient hourly treatments and delegate tasks. Triage critical patients, recognize changes in patient status and report to the doctor, educate/update owners on patient status, and discharge patients from the hospital.
Shift Info: 3/12-hour shifts 7p-7a; TBD days, Shift differential
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting is required. 2 years of ECC experience is required.
- CVT/RVT/LVT preferred
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and the community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Clear and compassionate communication style with clients and team members
- Great attention to detail
- Able to work independently, but is also a team player
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health insurance with an optional 100% employer-paid plan; dental, vision, disability, and life insurances; flex-spending accounts; 401(k); Employee Assistance Program; paid time off; uniform and CE allowances.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary HealthPortsmouth, NH
AnimalView All Ethos Veterinary Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.