Veterinary Technician (RVT) Surgery
- Posted: over a month ago
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) is looking full-time Veterinary Technician to join our surgery department.
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Surgery Department you will be responsible for:
- Solid technical skills and anesthesia knowledge base, sound judgment, and the ability to function both independently and with a team are required
- Venipuncture; IV catheter placement; medication calculations and administration; digital radiography; patient prep and recovery; anesthesia monitoring for a variety of anesthetized procedures including endoscopy, CT, soft tissue surgeries, orthopedic surgeries and laparoscopic procedures.
- Assisting doctors during patient appointments, providing outstanding client communication and education
- Performing sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies, and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Advocating for the patient, providing exceptional comfort, diagnostic, surgical, and nursing care to all patients
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to work on-calls, holidays/weekends, and OT as needed
Hourly pay range: $24.00 - $28.00
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the veterinary field with anesthesia experience a must
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written; organizational skills; proactive thinking and a positive attitude are also a must
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used, and anesthetic records
- Review and understanding of all medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- RVT or VTS IS REQUIRED!
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and a commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in stressful situations
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service is a priority.
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and skill set
- Partnership with Purdue VT program/scholarships
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race approved continuing education, training and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT’s
- Financial support and onsite mentorship toward pursuit of VTS
- Health and wellness programs including access to League wellness app
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 75% Employee Pet discount
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, and uniforms
- No waiting period. Health benefits are immediate upon hire
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AddressSan Diego, CA
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?