Veterinary Surgery Technician
Bulger Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire a Full-time Veterinary Technician to its growing surgical team in Lawrence, Massachusetts. This is an opportunity to work with board certified surgeons who specializes in soft tissue, orthopedic and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Bulger is a busy, well established practice that focuses on the special bond between humans and animals.
About the job- As a surgery technician you will be responsible for:
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients, and trouble shooting machines
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Accurately take and process multiple types of radiographs throughout the pre and post operative process
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated and anesthetized patients
- Opportunity to a achieve your VTS for anesthesia or surgical specialty
Schedule- This is a Full-time position of 36-40 hours and will include up to 3 holidays.
About you- Graduate of an accredited AVMA program or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of two years experience in Veterinary Anesthesia.
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids and CRI's
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT or VTS is preferred
About Bulger Veterinary Hospital- Bulger is a full service Veterinary Hospital that offers comprehensive care that includes General Wellness, 24-hour Emergency Care Service and Specialty Medicine in the areas of Ophthalmology, Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Exotics and Cardiology.
Benefits- Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms and a generous CE allowance.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
IND1Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileWhat's your citizenship / employment eligibility?* No answerI am a U.S. Citizen/Permanent ResidentNon-citizen allowed to work for any employerNon-citizen allowed to work for current employerNon-citizen seeking work authorizationI am a Canadian Citizen/Permanent ResidentOther Are you 18 years of age or older?* No answerYesNo Human Check * I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job. Submit Application
Ethos Veterinary HealthLawrence, MA
AnimalView All Ethos Veterinary Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.