Veterinary Pharmacy Technician
Ethos Veterinary Health San Rafael, CA
- Posted: December 31, 2020
The Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin (www.pescm.com) is looking for a full time Pharmacy Technicians! This is a new position here at PESCM and will require availability for our busy specialty departments, including emergency!
About PESCM: Our mission is to serve pets and people by continually pushing to improve our medicine, our service, our communication, and ourselves. We can accomplish this by working as a team, supporting our referring veterinarians, caring about every patient, learning from others, embracing change, and using intelligent and fair business practices.
PESCM is known for our great nursing staff, fabulous doctors and management team, thoughtful benefits and perks, and upbeat moraleall while doing what we all love to do! PESCM celebrates core values such as respect, kindness, trust, appreciation, compassion, and dedication.
Why PESCM: We have a family-oriented approach to our hospital and recognize the importance of collaboration and foster a culture that is indicative of this. Management has been with the practice for over 16-years and maintains a relationship with every staff member, operating with an open-door approach to the team. We are all in this together!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Filling all oral, topical, injectable and transdermal medications for refill and hospitalized patients
- Faxing outsourced prescriptions
- Client communications when medications are ready and approved for pick up
- Creating and approving invoices for medication refills
- Review and respond to all emails, fax, and phone calls for medication refills
- Work with inventory manager to ensure hospital pharmacy stock is sufficient and replenished when needed
- Working with compounding pharmacies
- Perform basic training procedures with other staff related to pharmacy workflow and inventory
- Periodic project management responsibilities related specifically to pharmacy inventory management and drug dispensing, and food ordering
- Knowledge of medication and ability to answer questions that clients may ask regarding safety and side-effects
- Excellent communication skills and team working capabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to perform basic drug calculations
- Comfort with Microsoft Word and Outlook and have basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to multitask, work independently, and communicate well with doctors and veterinary staff
- Exemplary client service
- Proficiency in record keeping
- Given we are a 24/7 practice, ability to work occasional holidays is mandatory
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in stressful situations
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service is a priority
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
- Honesty, integrity and a desire to learn and have fun!
Benefits of working with us:
We offer desirable alternative work schedules, a competitive bay area wage and comprehensive benefits plan to include medical/dental, 401k, paid time off, scrub allowance, in-house Wellness Group, generous Pet Benefit Plan, Continued Education opportunities, and Commuter benefit, as most of our staff travel from outside of Marin County, often passing other specialty practices!.
.Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.