Veterinary Assistant - Urgent Care
- Posted: 14 days ago
Urgent Care by Ethos – is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health (www.ethosvet.com) network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our approach focuses on innovation, team development and collaboration.
Our Urgent Care centers bridge the gap between general practice and emergency. Our 2-doctor practices offer care for common urgent cases, including wound management, ear infections, vomiting/diarrhea, and euthanasia. Our urgent care centers are specially designed to deliver efficient care and are furnished with advanced equipment and technologies.
About the Job: As a Veterinary Technician Assistant in the Urgent Care you will be responsible for:
- Obtaining and reporting vitals, prioritizing patient treatments and delegating tasks if needed
- Serve as intermediary between doctor and client for non-essential communication
- Collect and summarize detailed histories regarding patients that present through emergency room following triage with Technicians
- Communicate between doctors and technicians what treatments (blood draws, procedures, etc.) need to be done.
- Handle miscellaneous prescriptions requests, client callbacks, labwork entries etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; candidates from vocational co-op programs will be considered
- Ideally 6 months of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and skill set. $15.74 - 20/ hr.
- Partnership with Purdue VT program/scholarships
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race approved continuing education, training and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT’s
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, and uniforms
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?