Veterinary Assistant - Neurology
- Posted: over a month ago
Veterinary Specialty Hospital by Ethos Veterinary Health is a large, state of the art 24-hour Specialty and Emergency Hospital located in sunny San Marcos just minutes from the beach! Our hospital is proud to be an accredited member of AAHA. We are dedicated to our clients and community, the veterinary profession, and our team. We currently have full-time openings for a Veterinary Assistant (4x10 hour shifts, Tues-Fri
The primary responsibility of the Veterinary Assistant is to provide support and assistance to the veterinary medical staff. The Veterinary Assistant must embody the culture of treating every client and colleague with the utmost courteous and attentive treatment possible, with a keen sensitivity to the emotional bond between owners and their pets.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including but not limited to the cleanliness of laundry, floors, and cages.
- Assist with basic animal restraint
- Provide basic animal husbandry and hygiene between patients
- Basic record keeping procedures
- Ensure proper stocking of medical supplies and janitorial needs
- Run labwork
- Essential job functions include walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, writing, hearing, seeing, speaking, and sitting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; candidates from vocational co-op programs also considered
- Ability to read, write, and speak English is required
- Knowledge and practical application of basic arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required
Our compensation for this role typically falls between $15.75 and $20.80. Compensation is based on skills and experience.
We are seeking individuals who have strong emotional competencies; those that are self-aware, have infectious positive attitudes, authenticity and caring toward others
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AddressSan Marcos, CA
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?