Veterinary Assistant- Dermatology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) is looking for a full-time Veterinary Assistant to join our Dermatology team.
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH): At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
The dermatology technician will work directly with our boarded dermatologists. Shifts are primarily weekdays but some flexibility may be needed for weekend coverage. This position will organize rooms and procedures and provide generalized assistance to our full time dermatologist.
- Assist during allergy testing procedures
- Provide comfort and nursing care for all patients
- Provide extensive client education on Dermatology issues (i.e. allergies, fungal infections, chronic otitis)
- Performs a wide range of clerical duties that may include: obtaining test results, tracking labs, documenting information as needed, helping to schedule follow-up appointments, procedures and tests
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their visit
- Participating with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedure
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
Schedule: Shifts TBD, Full Time- Four 10 hour shifts
Education, License and Job Requirements:
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in a progressive veterinary hospital
- RVT or RVT awaiting licensure preferred
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, patience, and offer excellent hospitality
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Dermatology experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and skill set
- Partnership with Purdue VT program/scholarships
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race approved continuing education, training and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT’s
- Financial support and onsite mentorship toward pursuit of VTS
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 75% Employee Pet discount
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, and uniforms
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AddressSan Diego, CA
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
Get fresh VSH jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.