$1,000 Hiring Bonus!
WVRC is a 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Animal Hospital and is one of 8 VECCS Certified Level 1 Trauma Centers in the world. We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
As a Veterinary Technician in the Emergency/Critical Care department your responsibilities include:
A skilled veterinary ophthalmic technician is a crucial component to the success of any ophthalmology practice as they directly affect the ophthalmologist's ability to diagnose and treat ocular disease. The ideal candidate will have excellent client communication skills, be proficient in all areas of anesthesia, and have a strong work ethic.
Numerous opportunities are available for the technician to learn about normal eye function and ocular diseases. This position does require the technicians to travel to all three of our locations (Waukesha, Grafton, Racine) each week.
- Assist veterinarian with ocular exams
- Perform and/or assist in diagnostic testing (schirmer tear test, tonometry, ocular ultrasound, electroretinogram)
- Anesthesia - a thorough understanding of anesthetic drugs, monitoring, and equipment is mandatory.
- Ophthalmic instrumentation and equipment care
- General veterinary technician duties: monitoring patient's vitals, medication administration, pain management, phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, general patient care, inventory management, radiology, etc
- Client education / communication
- On-call responsibilities
- Monitoring patients under anesthesia
- Use of paralytics
- Restraining animals
- Must be able to communicate well with clients, as well as showing care and concern for their pets
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as an Emergency Veterinary Technician/Assistant in an animal hospital setting required.
- RVT or VTS preferred but not required.
Benefits of Working at WVRC:
Full-time Benefits include comprehensive Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing Education Benefits and Paid Time Off.
Learn more about our outstanding team at: https://www.wvrc.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/WVRC.vets
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.