Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for a Internal Medicine Technician to join our team on a full-time basis.
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital provides care in emergency, critical care, internal medicine, radiology, and cardiology. Our modern facility offers a full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, on-site CT, and endoscopy.
$1000 Hiring Bonus
Shift: Monday-Thursday 8am to 6pm (4-10hr Shifts)
About the Job:
The Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) serves as the primary support to the Internist and plays a vital role in patient care. Internal Medicine Technicians must value the highest standards in quality of care while also respecting the personal limitations that may impact the decisions made by our clients. Candidates should know and be able to perform and teach all tasks covered in: the kennel assistant, veterinary assistant, and general practice veterinary technician.
Daily Job Tasks:
- Assist Veterinarians with the care and medical treatments for both inpatients and outpatients within Internal Medicine, including: Patient triage, including assessment of patient status, collection of relevant medical history, and assistance with preparation of the patient care plan
- Recognize potentially contagious and/or zoonotic diseases, follow appropriate isolation and safety procedure
- Acquisition, preparation and processing of laboratory samples per protocols
- Accurate and timely documentation of patient vitals, treatments performed, medications administered, and laboratory tests ordered and performed
- Perform or assist with radiographs
- Perform anesthetic procedures, including prepping, inducing, monitoring, and recovering
- Educate and train clients on appropriate home care using effective techniques to convey information that may be foreign to them
- Knowledge of veterinary practices, procedures and terminology including disease states, common symptoms and basic treatment/isolation protocols
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively operate patient monitoring, laboratory, radiographic and anesthetic equipment
- Ability to accurately calculate mathematical equations for drug doses, CRIs, client invoices and estimates, and other position-related calculations
- Effective communicator with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professional composure and a positive attitude in a high-performance culture with ever changing demands
- RVT License required
Benefits of Working at Vista Vet Specialist:
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and skill set
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race-approved continuing education, training, and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT’s
- Financial support and onsite mentorship toward the pursuit of VTS
- Health and wellness programs, including access to the League wellness app
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 40% Employee Pet discount
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, and uniforms
- No waiting periods. Health benefits are immediate upon hire
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?