Experienced Kennel Assistant/ Ultrasound Coordinator
Ethos Veterinary Health Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for an experienced Kennel Technician to join our team on a full-time basis.
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital provides care in internal medicine, oncology, surgery, dermatology, radiology, and cardiology. Our modern facility offers a full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, on-site CT and endoscopy.
About the Job:
The Kennel Technician serves as support to veterinarians, the shift leads, technicians, veterinary assistants, and plays a vital role in patient care. Kennel Technicians must value the highest standards in quality of care while also respecting the personal limitations that may impact the decisions made by our clients. As our ultrasound Coordinator you will also assist in scheduling the ultrasound schedules for the day and assist in assuring our departments are ready for the patients to meet with our radiology team.
As a Kennel Tech/ Ultrasound Coordinator your responsibilities would include:
- Assisting technicians, assistants and veterinarians with the care and medical treatments for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Accurately transcribing or updating all appropriate patient documentation
- Ensuring that the hospital remains fully stocked, specifically the back treatment area and exam rooms
- Maintain a clean and safe hospital environment including:
- Maintain and stock laundry room
- Maintain and stock inpatient treatment area
- Help aide in patient restraint
- Manage ultrasound schedule and notify Dr's when its the patients turn
- Knowledge of humane animal handling and restraint
- Ability to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to accurately carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Effective communicator with attention to detail
- Basic customer service skills
- Work history with animals, and a demonstrated comfort level with them.
- Work history demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills as well as a strong sense of personal accountability
Benefits of Working at Vista Vet Specialist:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- Working in a team environment where every department works out of a large open treatment area facilitating team work and comradely between departments.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR