Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team on a full-time basis.
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital provides care in internal medicine, oncology, surgery, dermatology, radiology, and cardiology. Our modern facility offers a full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, on-site CT and endoscopy.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Emergency/Critical Care Float department you will be responsible for:
SHIFT: Wednesday - Saturday- 6am to 4pm - 4 10HR shifts
- Managing the inpatient care for patients that are hospitalized throughout all departments.
- Facilitating visits/updates for clients throughout their pet's visit
- Partnering with DVM's inpatient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient assessment-including in house ultrasounds, and radiology
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Surgical assisting for non-specialty procedures-including laceration repairs, sedated tube placements, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required.
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for providing the highest quality in patient care.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Veterinary Assistant in an animal hospital setting required.
- Must be available Swing and Overnight shifts 3-4 days a week.
Benefits of Working at Vista Vet Specialist:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Overnight differentials start for any shift past 5pm
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health