Curbside Animal Care Attendant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veterinary Hospital Curbside Animal Attendant
Are you great with animals and people?
Do you like being active and busy?
Are you a hard-core New Englander that enjoys our weather?
Are you a dog walker, animal boarding or shelter technician out of work due to COVID 19?
Are you looking for a future career in veterinary medicine?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have the opportunity for you!
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital's mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business, and promotion of human-animal bond. In doing so, we are looking to add critical and essential members to our team.
This is a full time, multifunctional position which requires the following skills:
- Basic animal restraint and provide basic animal husbandry
- Ability to communicate effectively with both our client care and medical teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask as needed
- A self-motivator with high energy
- Willingness to learn
- Superior interpersonal skills and be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Support teammates in reaching common goals
- Listening and responding appropriately to the concerns of clients and other employees.
- We are looking for someone who will embody the corporate culture in treating every client with the utmost courtesy and attention.
- Possess a keen sensitivity to the emotional bond between owners and their pets.
Previous experience in the following areas are preferred:
- Experience delivering exemplary client service.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills that highlight your ability to provide a positive and friendly environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of hygiene between patients.
- Experience as a veterinary receptionist, medical secretary, or customer service representative will be considered.
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic or animal shelter
- Safely and securely transporting pets to and from owner’s cars to our hospital
- Basic record keeping
- Coordinating efforts between in-house hospital staff and clients in our parking lot
- Recognize the need for help and contact the appropriate staff member
This hybrid position of client and animal care provides hands on animal experience as well as learning the business side of running the client service side of the hospital. Through COVID 19, the focus of the position is retrieving animals from owners’ vehicles and returning them to their owners after hospital visit. This position is an extension of our client services brought directly to these owners and their animals.
Post COVID 19, this position will continue through exploring additional hospital positions, such as a Veterinary Assistant with our medical teams or to continue under the scope of our client services within Port City and the Ethos umbrella. Our Veterinary Assistant Program provides individuals with limited veterinary background the opportunity to complete a curriculum blending both online and hands-on training while providing support and assistance to the veterinary medical staff. Once the program is completed, the individual is eligible to take the National Exam giving recognition as an Accredited Veterinary Assistant.
Benefits of Working at Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital: Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Thank you for reading our job posting.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health