Overnight ICU Veterinary Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our team on a full-time basis.
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital provides care in internal medicine, neurology, surgery, radiology, and cardiology. Our modern facility offers a full in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, on-site CT, MRI, and endoscopy.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Emergency/Critical Care department you will be responsible for:
Shift: 3/12's - One Weekend Day Required
$500 Hiring Bonus
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Surgical assisting for minor (non-specialty) procedures
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is preferred.
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for providing the highest quality in patient care.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Veterinary Technician/Assistant in an animal hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered
- RVT preferred, experienced assistant considered
Benefits of Working at Vista Vet Specialist:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Overnight differentials
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- 3 (12-hour shifts)
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Ethos Veterinary Health
AnimalView all jobs at Ethos Veterinary Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?