Senior SEO Manager
Ethos Life San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes' Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role
As the Senior SEO Manager at Ethos, you will own and be accountable for the overall SEO & organic growth strategy and performance. You'll be responsible for growing organic traffic to ethoslife.com and building Ethos' domain authority, with the ultimate goal of positioning Ethos as the destination for life insurance and growing sales through organic search. This role is a key position on the Growth Marketing team in driving results for our company. Ethos is destined for big things and we are betting that you will take the initiative and contribute to our success! As a fast-growing startup, you will be working closely with colleagues across all teams and senior management.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an outstanding work ethic and a positive attitude. This person will be both creative and analytical, and is comfortable working both collaboratively and autonomously in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be the strategic leader and owner for SEO efforts across B2C and B2B web properties
- Identify and execute on new opportunities for improving organic search rankings and traffic
- Manage and build an SEO content strategy for Ethos life insurance and agent offerings
- Lead keyword research in coordination with various teams on their business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Drive SEO agenda focusing on both the technical and content optimization programs
- Have end to end ownership over the SEO program including: developing strategy, identifying opportunities, reporting, optimization, roadmap planning, research, and more
- Lead complex cross-functional SEO content development and web optimization projects
- Regularly perform thorough keywords research and analysis to inform our strategy and identify opportunities
- Create a rubric to evaluate the business among core success metrics for core SEO pillars of content, technical, and partner links
- Monitor and report on SEO metrics including indexation, link growth, rankings, traffic, and conversion
- Troubleshooting challenges like organic traffic declines, search console errors, and other SEO risks as they surface
- Partner with our Analytics team to build out our system of reporting and analyzing organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to monitor performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Closely track industry-wide changes, search news, and competition in order to educate the organization and provide proactive recommendations
- Perform full SEO audits and analysis (site architecture & performance, content, backlinks, etc) and provide recommendations to improve rankings
- Proven track record of SEO & organic growth success in-house at a high growth direct response B2C start-up (Fintech or Insuretech is a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in SEO content and tech projects
- Proficient in Technical SEO, ability to identify opportunities pertaining to website crawlability, page speed, core web vitals, HTML/CSS/js improvements
- Experience managing or bringing content strategies to life that drive results for the company
- You have a technical understanding of how to effectively optimize your content for Search (i.e. indexability, meta tags, on-page performance, optimizing for rich/featured snippets, and more)
- Highly analytical approach to driving digital customer acquisition
- Familiarity with relevant SEO, experimentation and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Segment, Optimizely, SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multitask and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Ethos Life