We heard you love to do taxes! We need you on board.
About the Company
Our client was originally founded in 1981. The firm provides tax services for businesses covering retailers, wholesale distributors, manufacturing entities, real estate development companies, fast-food franchised restaurants, law firms, real estate investment and management companies, professional medical practices and trusts for clients with high income and net worth positions.
The partners of the firm expend a significant amount of time on consulting arrangements related to fiduciary and trust situations, litigation matters, estate and retirement planning, and the analysis and management of real estate portfolios. Because the firm is relatively small, its clients benefit by getting personalized, and quality service that is beyond comparison.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the Tax Accountant is part of a team providing tax services for the company client base. The Tax Accountant is a team player who can bring a passion for taxes and compliance work and advisement's. You can facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of tax forms and able to support the senior tax accounts and manager when they work to advise tax structuring to save money in taxes, innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns.
The Tax Accountant will work on compliance-oriented tax stuff, including the preparation of state and federal income tax returns, assist senior tax personnel as needed, perform tax research, and execute other complex tax accounting functions, and you come with a good understanding of tax regulations and accounting pronouncements that could include:
- Prepare individual, partnership, trust, real estate, and corporation income tax returns
- Prepare correspondence to tax authorities and detailed work papers
- Review financial statements, disclosures, and provide adjusting journal entries
- Identify accounting and income tax issues and propose strategies for resolution
- Assist with IRS examinations and protests
- Assist with tax planning and research technical accounting and audit issues
- Develop strong relationships with firm personnel
- Complete audit, review, and compilation procedures and documentation
- Assist with quarterly state estimated taxes and extensions
- Prepare property, sales & use tax returns
- Assist with any state income/franchise and sales & use tax examinations
- A BA or BS degree and 2 - 3 years of public accounting experience (tax return preparation)
- Big 4 or large firm experience preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in taxation and/or accounting
- A sincere desire to learn and grow within the tax field
- Ability to think independently but also able to take directions well
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have made progress towards passing the CPA exam
- Result-driven, with the ability to function in a culture of accountability
- A passion for tax work
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Prosystem, Ultra tax, QuickBooks, or other equivalent accounting software program
Travel will be minimal.
In addition to a base salary, the company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, vacation pay, and holiday pay.
Executive Search Consultant
Ethos Human Capital Solutions provides retained search services, training, and human resources consulting for organizations throughout Southern California, including for-profit and not for profit.
To apply for this position, please contact our Director of Recruiting Kimberly Kenner, at Kimberly@EthosHCS.com.