About the Company
Our client was founded in 1974 with a dream to start a family business and to pass on to their future generations. They take pride in offering quartz machining, quartz slicing/cutting, quartz fabrication/finishing, and quartz distribution for the research, scientific, photonics, solar, and semiconductor industries for over 43 years.
The experienced and highly skilled machinists, glassblowers, engineers, and support staff enable them to achieve competitive pricing, on-time deliveries, quality workmanship, and customer satisfaction within the global market. They are the worldwide leader of quartz spherical, taper and O-ring joints, and a leader in the fused quartz manufacturing industry.
They offer a wide variety of manufacturing methods to produce semi-finished and finished components and they use state of the art machining and slicing technology to facilitate the most intricate designs and strive to work together to manufacture requirements from start to finish.
They are looking to add to their team, and need someone with your love of sales and business development to other businesses in the manufacturing and end user markets.
The position of Outside Sale Rep (OSR) is a key member of the team. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Sales. This role will sell quartz products/parts to new or existing customers especially to OEM and end-users and mostly to Semi-Conductor markets. They will create prospect lists and create strategies to earn new business and large accounts.
The proven OSR will bring a strong relationship-building skills to identify, contact and develop new market opportunities and deepen penetration of existing customers markets. The OSR will take established capabilities and identify and solicit new target markets where solutions can be developed. They will come with a customer-centric approach, and technical knowledge of the fused quartz manufacturing industry. They will be able to analyze the customers’ needs and recommend appropriate products to meet those needs, prepares agreements, coordinate with the quote department, close the transactions and secure sales. They will be expected to uncover leads and hunt for new opportunities.
The most significant accomplishment you can make is to increase revenue, broaden the customer base and work to achieve the company’s business objectives. What you will do within 12 months is drive revenue by $3million in incremental volume and significantly change the current customer base and bring in new business.
- Five to Seven years of Outside Sales experience in the fused quartz manufacturing industry, or Semi -Conductor market, or similar industry with the same targeted markets.
- Ability to “hit the ground running” while learning about the company, its products, and capabilities.
- A love of the sale process!
- Solid and exceptional character, integrity, and business and personal ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the sales process with the decision-makers, close the sale, and drive new revenue channels.
- Ability to prioritize and execute with aggressive goals, objectives and action items, under pressure and business deadlines.
- Can interpret a variety of technical information in a mathematical or narrative form, as well as deal with variables that can be abstract or concrete and is strong at analyzing data.
- Can read and understand technical blueprints and drawings.
- Technically oriented, comfortable around machinery and working in a plant environment.
- Has proficient skills in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Has excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses solid time-management, multitasking, and prioritization skills.
- Never says something can’t be done, instead figures a way to get it done.
Frequent travel within the northern CA region and occasional travel will be necessary throughout the US.
The company offers a base salary of 85K plus commission with no caps, with a first year target of $125K or more based on contracts and volume. The company offers a standard benefits package that includes a choice of medical plans, and paid time off.
Executive Search Consultant
For immediate and confidential consideration please contact: Kimberly Kenner, Director of Recruiting at