Business Office Manager - Substance Use Disorders Treatment Center
Ethan Crossing, an affiliate of New Vista Health and Wellness, is a brand new, state of the art Substance Use Disorders Treatment Center with a contemporary, healing environment. Ethan Crossing is currently recruiting a business professional with healthcare experience for the position of Business Office Manager at our Springfield, OH facility.
The Business Office Manager is a full time, salaried position that directly supervises the functions of the business office according to New Vista policy. The ideal candidate for the Business Office Manager position will have a college degree in Accounting/Finance and 3 - 5 years experience in a business office of a healthcare facility. Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance, managed care costing and analysis, accounts receivable/collections, accounts payable, general ledger, and management of information systems. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively.
The position of Business Office Manager is responsible for maintaining New Vista business office policies and direct supervision of the A/P and A/R staff. The position must function as both a team member and leader to ensure that work is accomplished and quality service is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality service, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
The position of Business Office Manager's responsibilities include:
- Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments, private and third party agencies, and census information.
- Manages and maintains confidential New Vista files
- Manages collections of past due patients’ accounts receivable and provides reports on these to the CEO.
- Organizes, evaluates and monitors business office operations to ensure these functions are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Verifies insurance coverage and inputs insurance information into Medik.
- Demonstrate ability to bill correctly and collect all monies owed.
- Supervises Business Office Staff and recommends adjustments or corrections as required.
As a New Vista employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- MUST have 3 - 5 years previous experience in a healthcare business office setting.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Medicare. Medicaid, Private Insurance, managed care costing and analysis, accounts receivable/collections, resident funds, accounts payable, general ledger and management of information systems.
- Ability to make independent decisions and problem solve as appropriate.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures of the business department.
- Ability to positively interact with personnel, customers, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Knowledge of and experience with computers and office machines.
- Must be a Notary Public in the State of Ohio or able to be commissioned as a Notary Public within 30 days of employment.