Plant Floor Systems Engineering Manager
- Expired: May 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Plant Floor Systems (PFS) Engineering Manager, you will lead and mentor some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. As a cross-functional team you will be responsible for the design, commission, configuration and integration of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities. This business unit is rapidly expanding - you will have the opportunity to develop your career and have a direct impact on success.
What Youll Do
- Direct supervision of controls engineers and other staff.
- Manage proof of concept and new development of various systems.
- Work to develop engineering department through leadership, training and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional technical teams throughout the lifecycle of various projects.
- Assist with the successful management of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Manage staffing and workload issues, including managing direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget and timing.
What Youll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field OR Associates degree with 2+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of related experience
- 5+ years leading technical projects
- Experience with Error Proofing and Andon Systems preferred
- Background in General Motors (GM) Standards with certifications in GCCH, GCCS and GM Networks preferred
Skills Youll Have:
- Knowledge of Communications Networks and their applications
- Thorough knowledge of Control Logix PLCs and Safety PLCs
- Understanding of CAD development techniques and/or PLC development and programming
- Knowledge to lead others and positively influence engineer's development and progression.
- Breadth and depth of experience with automation products, services, and the industry.
- Expert in Applications/Quoting Engineering processes and tools.
- Ability to identify systemic issues to improve department efficiency.
- Experienceleading technical projects.
- Travel up to 25%to customer sites & other JR locations.
- Present to colleagues, company management and may participate in media interviews.
- Negotiate critical issues with internal and customer engineers and leaders.
- Partner with other leaders to create methods to develop technical talent.
- Lead teams and influence project direction and progress.
- Serve as mentor, coach and leader in the department.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment.We transform processes &optimizeoperations with thesolutions we design, build,program & deployfornearly every industry.Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe.We offer competitivepay,great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
ComeThink. Solve. Create.With Us!
AddressSterling Heights, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Esys Automation