A new boutique nursery and preschool in Key Biscayne is recruiting passionate, energetic, loving teachers to instruct and care for children ages 3 months through 4 years of age.
- Maintain a safe, clean, nurturing, and stimulating learning environment.
- Plan and lead age appropriate activities based on the curriculum designed to promote physical, mental and social development including games, arts and crafts, storytelling and field trips.
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the school.
- Share information with families relating to their child and daily activities through a daily app and bi-weekly newsletter.
- Keep accurate records regarding attendance and student progress through daily app and bi-annual parent teacher conference.
- Implement and supervise activities of one or more groups of children.
- Serve meals in accordance with DCF requirements.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure licensing standards are being followed
- Become MAT, CPR/First Aid and Daily Health Observation trained within 90 days of being hired.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field from an accredited college or university or an equivalent degree with programmatic experience.
- Required: Must satisfy state licensing requirements.
- Extensive experience working with children age 0-5 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to understand young children’s needs.
- Successful criminal background investigation, tuberculosis screening and random drug testing required as a condition of employment.
Salary & Benefits
$12-16 per hour depending on qualifications. Non-traditional benefits.
This is a 30-40 hour per week (both part-time and full-time options available), 10-12 month positions available. Classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:30-2:00pm with an optional before care program from 8:00-8:30am and an optional after care program from 2:00-4:00pm. The school year program runs from August through May with weekly thematic Summer Camps between June and August.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour