Support Specialist, Field Sales
Pine Brook NJ
This position will be domiciled in various Estes terminals across the United States and will support field sales Account Managers.
- Responsible for collaborative sales effort with field sales Account Managers to establish long term business relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers, primarily via the telephone.
- Collaborate with customer support to resolve customer issues / problems identified by Account Managers. Research and make recommendations for improvements to the customer experience.
- Supply rates, coverage, tracing, etc., as requested by customer base or field sales Account Managers
- Schedule pickups when necessary and assist or refer customer so appropriate person / department for problems such as OS&D, billing, claims, etc.
- Manage and maintain accurate information to support sales efforts to ensure monthly growth of revenue and bill count through diagnostic selling of Estes' Family of Services.
- Manage, prospect, qualify and solicit assigned accounts to meet growth and profit goals for a set territory.
- Partner with field sales Account Managers to increase number of accounts solicited and managed within a territory
- Assist in implementing strategies developed by Account Managers to manage, maintain and/or expand sales and promote Estes transportation services within an assigned territory.
- Evaluate new and existing business opportunities and propose pricing and operational programs that meet the company objectives and the customer's needs
- Work directly with Pricing, Operations and Field Sales to effectively resolve issues
- Cold call customers not currently utilizing Estes services to gain new business or garner warm lead for Field Sales to pursue
- Manage all computerized customer file records on Customer Resource Management tool including maintenance, updates, lead follow up, promptness of responses and retention of records.
- Contact all assigned accounts active accounts at least monthly, actively prospect new accounts to attain and share competitive information.
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- High school diploma or GED, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in transportation/ LTL and previous inside /outside sales experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required. Working knowledge of AS400 highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written, verbal, and listening communication skills. Must be able to interact positively with both internal and external customers and be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be results-oriented, be able to set, pursue and attain achievable goals regardless of obstacles or circumstances and be resilient to quickly recover from adversity
- Must possess good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within a given time frame
- Must possess personal accountability including being self-directed in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Estes Express Lines
Equal Employment Opportunity: