- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The controller will oversee the finances and accounting of Estes Energetics. The controller will manage the accounting, financial reporting, financial planning, internal controls, and purchasing of the company. As the company’s first controller, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to shape and influence the accounting and finance function. The successful candidate will have prior experience establishing or improving this function in innovative ways that meet control and compliance requirements while maintaining the company’s agility and speed. With time, the successful candidate may grow into the Chief Financial Officer role.
- Participate in the preparation and review of the annual strategic and operations plans.
- Lead the preparation and review of the company’s financial budget, including departmental budgets and capital spending requests.
- Participation in proposal development
- Leading the development of cost proposals
- Coordinate annual review or audit of the company’s financial statements ensuring the auditors have all the information needed to render an accurate judgment of the company’s financial statements and that the company’s statements are issued in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Coordinate preparation of worksheets and supporting schedules ensuring the tax accountants have all the information needed to prepare the corporate tax returns accurately and on a timely basis.
- Stay apprised of tax laws, ensure timely filing of reports, and renew tax licenses in all jurisdictions where the company has a tax nexus.
- Lead, manage and improve the accounting function, including systems, processes, and staffing
- Monitor the company’s cash position and prepare cash flow analyses.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules to meet shareholder and internal reporting requirements.
- Oversee the internal management reporting of product costing, departmental manufacturing overheads, and budget variances.
- Provide business analysis to senior management as required.
- Participate in the process of identifying and implementing opportunities for the improvement of profits.
- Assist in working capital management through efficient collection of receivables and resolution of customer differences, and control of disbursements.
- Assist in the establishment and continuous improvement of integrated MRP and financial information systems to provide accurate and detailed data for more effective decision making by the management team.
- Manage fixed asset tracking and reporting.
Competencies, Experience, and Education
- 5 years in a leadership and management role
- 7+ years’ progressive accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in presenting financial data and information, with internal and external parties
- Process oriented focus with attention to detail
- Certified public accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic
- Financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Expert knowledge of accounting and computer application software (including Excel and Word)
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Defense industry or government contracting experience
- Proposal development experience
- Experience in a variety of accounting functions
- Experience with Unanet
This is the first dedicated in-house financial role. As the company grows, the controller will build out and supervise a complete financial team.
The controller will work in an office environment. Some flexible remote work is possible. Occasional work in a manufacturing environment will be required.
- Prolonged periods sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Use of mouse/computer keyboard.
- May have to bend at knees for filing.
- May have to do light lifting.
- Occasional movement through a manufacturing environment.
Occasional travel, primarily between company locations.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical workdays are Monday through Friday. Estes Energetics maintains a flexible schedule around core work hours of 9am to 4pm and a full-time schedule is designed around a 40-hour week. Occasional overtime may be required during month-end close, proposal due dates, and other busy periods.
Salary: $80,000-100,000 / year
Estes Energetics maintains a comprehensive benefits package including:
- ICHRA health insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Single, comprehensive paid time off (PTO) policy
- Flexible schedule
Must be a US Person, as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, which includes:
- US Citizen
- Lawful Permanent Resident
- Protected Individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Program
Estes Energetics provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Additional information is available at: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Estes Energetics