Software Developer - Java
Estenda Solutions Conshohocken, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Estenda is a digital health software development and consulting company. We work with companies of all sizes to develop solutions focused on improving the health and well-being of our fellow humans. Projects include web application and API development, data integration, big data solutions, strategy, and operations. Typical programming languages used are .NET, Python, and soon Go Lang. We focus on full project implementation and don’t do individual placements at a company site.
We are looking for a Java developer to join the IHS-JVN Teleophthalmology project. (https://www.ihs.gov/teleophthalmology). Work on software that matters. Make a difference in the lives of your fellow humans.
Founded in 2003, Estenda’s offices are in Conshohocken, PA, just outside Philadelphia, but we operate as a remote-first company. No travel is required.
As a software developer at Estenda on the IHS-JVN project, you will be part of the team providing enhancements, integrating with EHRs, and developing next-generation capabilities focusing on data analytics and AI/ML solutions.
What you’ll do
- Understand the science, challenges, and users to be able to make good decisions for the well-being of all
- Design and develop new features improving the science and capabilities of the JVN system
- Continually learn and improve your skills and the capabilities of the JVN system with a goal of implementing AI/ML solutions
What you’ll need
- 4-year college degree in a technical field – preferably Computer Science
- 5 - 10 years of experience as a software developer with Java
- Production experience with Spring, Hibernate, GIT, Weblogic or similar application server, and Oracle/SQL Server databases.
- Strong technical skills – proven ability to navigate/understand/use APIs, query databases, solve common problems
- Passion for learning with an ability to quickly design/develop solutions
- Ability to empathize - you need to understand the user to be effective
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage your time and get stuff done without sacrificing quality
- Ability to go with the flow and understand change is a constant
Life at Estenda
Headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, with an expanding remote-first team, Estenda is a diverse group of software developers, quality assurance analysts and testers, project managers, and clinical researchers working on improving the lives of our fellow humans. As an ISO13485 certified company, we pride ourselves on a job done well with a strong focus on using process to create quality products on time and on budget. In addition, we recognize life happens a
Benefits include paid family healthcare (United), dental, health savings account, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, discount programs, generous paid time off, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, and employee thanks program.
Estenda SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Develop digital health software that makes a difference in the lives of your fellow humans!
Estenda is a software product development and consulting team focused on creating innovative digital health solutions. We partner with academic researchers, government agencies, and commercial organizations from startups to Fortune 500 to transform data into better health. Estenda has extensive experience in full life cycle software development and is an ISO 13485 certified organization. Benefits include paid family healthcare (United), dental, health savings account, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, discount programs, generous paid time off, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, and employee thanks program.