Sales - Furniture Dealership
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're a growing Baltimore Maryland office furniture dealership has a full-time position available for an experienced Salesperson. We provide office furniture sales and installation solutions to all of our valued customers. Pay is base salary (commensurate with experience) plus commission.
Job Benefits Include:
- paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Preferred experience with selling office furniture to government, commercial, education and/or healthcare business establishments.
- Must have enthusiasm, a willingness to learn, a drive to succeed and enjoy selling. Must be able to work with sales team to uncover projects and build office furniture sales.
- Candidate should be able to consult with clients to develop layouts, space planning, specifications and pricing to meet the client’s needs.
- Knowledge of 20-20 GIZA Studio specification software is a plus.
- Must be able to prepare presentation materials and detailed quotations for sales calls. Candidate should be able to develop project specifications and validate their accuracy for order entry.
- Candidate should be able to work with installers to ensure customer satisfaction with finished furniture projects and be able to maintain project records and coordinate installation schedules with project manager.
- Some furniture order entry and customer service experience is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Must have valid driver's license and Social Security card.
- Must be able to pass a US citizenship/immigration verification (US Citizenship is required).
Salesperson will assist the Project Team (consisting of Designers, Project Managers, Customer Service Representatives and Installers) with activities concerned with the specifying, ordering and installing of furniture. Will have involvement in the conceptual development of a furniture project and in its organization, scheduling and implementation. Candidate may also be asked to assist with keeping track of any furniture punch lists and furniture schedule deadlines. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and be able to keep track of furniture orders via our furniture project management software (Team Design). Ability to work well with people and pay attention to detail. Punctual and very organized but also very flexible and able to adapt to rapid changes. Must be a quick learner and self-starter. Must be a go-getter with the ability to manage furniture projects from quoting to order placement to order delivery and installation. Provide prompt and courteous customer service to customers in person, via phone and/or email. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to manage multi-task assignments, work independently, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other tasks include assisting Project Team with proposal preparation and pricing.
- Knowledge of the office furniture industry preferred.
- Approximately 2-5 years of sales experience in the commercial furniture industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects and sales cycles
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Must be able to travel, by car and/or walking, throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop clientele.
- Must be able to continually study and learn latest enhancements and features of multiple furniture lines
- Must be able to display or demonstrate merchandise, using samples or catalog, to develop customers’ product knowledge.
- Must be able to quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Must be able to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and customer proposals.
- Must be able to prepare reports of business transactions.
- Ability to work with Customer Service Representative, Designers, Installers and Project Managers to ensure constant communication and smooth delivery for various customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Ability to investigate and resolves customer issues.
- Must be able to attend weekly/monthly staff or sales meetings and sales and trade conventions.
- Must be able to actively pursue and develop sales leads through a number of channels
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Experience with Team Design is a plus
- Experience with 20-20 Giza/Worksheet software is a plus
- Excellent customer service
- Personable and superior communication
- Self-motivated, well organized and resourceful
- Professional and social skills
- Highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Love of learning and desire to grow with company
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Package i.e.: word, excel, outlook
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Some order entry, tracking and scheduling
We are looking for people who:
- Know what it means to give outstanding customer service
- Have above average problem solving and communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Truly believe that the customer always comes first
- Must have excellent phone and communication skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Enjoy communicating by phone or in person but can communicate just as well via email
- Thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Provide support for other sales staff requests for assistance as needed
- May be asked to process sales transactions
- Some data entry of client orders and other information as needed
- Answer telephone calls, convey messages, monitor e-mail requests and follow up with customer
- May have to follow up on some requests from departments to expedite or correct furniture orders
- Answers routine product questions and directs questions to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Monitor furniture projects in furniture project management system (Team Design)
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or Greater (Bachelors’ Degree, BS or BA, from a four-year college is preferred)
Start Date: Immediate
Please click apply for consideration!
Established Office Furniture Dealership in MarylandWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits and room for growth.
Since 1998, Edwards & Hill Office Furniture has provided a variety of professional products and services to commercial companies, government agencies, and individual consumers throughout the nation.
10810 Guilford RdVienna, VA
RetailView all jobs at Established Office Furniture Dealership in Maryland