Commercial Furniture Customer Service Representative
Growing Maryland office furniture dealership has a full-time position available for an experienced Commercial Furniture Customer Service Representative. Pay is $16 - $20 an hour depending on experience. We offer paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Must have experience with data entry and furniture order entry and must have some customer service experience. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Must have valid driver's license and SS card. Must be able to pass a US citizenship/immigration verification.
Commercial Furniture Customer Service Representative will assist the Project Team (consisting of Designers, Project Managers, Sales Associates and Installers) with all data entry/customer service related activities concerned with the ordering, receiving, delivering, installing, moving and re-configuring or disposing of furniture. Will have some involvement in the conceptual development of a furniture project and sometimes may be asked to participate to some extent in its organization, scheduling and implementation. Candidate may also be asked to assist with keeping track of any furniture punch lists and furniture schedule deadlines. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and be able to keep track of large numbers of furniture via our furniture project management software (Team Design). Knowledge of Giza/Worksheet is a plus. Knowledge of Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software is a plus. Ability to work well with people and pay attention to detail. Punctual and very organized but also very flexible and able to adapt to rapid changes. Must be a quick learner and self-starter. Must be a go-getter with the ability to handle furniture orders from order placement to order delivery and installation. Provide prompt and courteous customer service to customers via phone and/or email. Provide phone and front desk phone coverage and assist customers and employees with order information inquiries as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to manage multi-task assignments, work independently, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other tasks include assisting sales staff with proposal preparation and pricing and maintaining marketing collateral and samples inventories in company library.
- Punctuality is critical for this job.
- Knowledge of the office furniture industry.
- Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Approximately 2-5 years of experience in the furniture industry
- Experience with Team Design is a strong plus
- Experience with 20-20 Giza/Worksheet software is a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software is a plus
- Excellent customer service
- Personable and superior communication
- Professional and social skills
- Well organized
- Highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Love of learning and desire to grow with company
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Package (i.e.: word, excel, outlook, etc)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Answering phones
- Order entry
- Order Tracking
- Order Scheduling
We are looking for people who:
- Know what it means to give outstanding customer service
- Have above average problem solving and communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Truly believe that the customer always comes first
- Must have excellent phone and communication skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Enjoy communicating by phone but can communicate just as well via email
- Thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Provide support for sales staff requests for assistance
- May be asked to process sales transactions
- Data entry of client orders and other information
- Answer telephone calls, convey messages, monitor e-mail requests and follow up with customer
- Follow up on all requests from departments to expedite or correct furniture orders
- Answers routine product questions and directs questions to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Ensure the smooth flow and monitoring of the furniture project management system (Team Design)
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or Greater
Start date: Immediate
Please e-mail your resume and references.