The Senior Maintenance Technician will be responsible for supporting the Facility with the implementation and maintenance of production machinery and equipment to support our battery manufacturing operations. In this role, you will support the site in troubleshooting electromechanical equipment issues. This candidate must have strong trouble shooting experience with equipment to help the team repair equipment when it is down. While the role is for a senior electromechanical technician, the candidate must be willing to perform routine PMs when need to support the site.
- Be the champion of Electronics troubleshooting for the department.
- Work with Engineering on PLC and electronic equipment issues.
- Willing to work on mechanical issues as needed and perform routine preventative maintenance tasks.
- Investigate and develop solutions to equipment problems through identification and repair, including root cause analysis, TPM, and World Class tools.
- Facilitate process improvements and lean projects to enhance the current battery manufacturing equipment.
- Hands on approach to solving equipment problems.
- Ability to bring Controls experience to the existing maintenance team and mentor the maintenance technicians.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications as well as mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Lean, six-sigma, or equivalent problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, highly detail oriented, organized and flexible.
- Must possess sufficient written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work closely and independently in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have sound rationalization skills, mathematical background and reasoning skills.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 40 lbs routinely, frequently move up to 500 lbs, and understand proper body mechanics and lifting practices. Also, knowledge of material handling equipment and usage is helpful.
- Have the ability to visualize and implement own ideas (self-starter) for equipment/process improvements.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced equipment maintenance experience in electrical/electronic controls, software, and mechanical areas with a PLC background is required.
- Must have a broad knowledge of equipment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Good familiarity with personal computer use in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Established, fast-growing company with career growth opportunities.