Position Title: Construction Labourer
Primary Location: Vancouver-WA
Under the direction of Construction Manager, the primary responsibility of a Construction Laborer is to assist the placement, installation, and preparation of concrete forms in construction projects in both urban and rural settings. A construction laborer essentially prepares job sites for concrete delivery and installation.
- Assist in building structures for curb, gutter and sidewalk concrete installation.
- Preparation of construction site, digging trenches and setting of support braces.
- Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete, mortar, and plaster mixers.
- Flexibility of working long hours and the ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Maintain a clean job site and to pick up all tools and equipment and secure the jobsite each day
- Other duties as required
- Reliable transportation (able to go to job sites in Portland OR and Vancouver WA area)
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of and ability to use small hand and power tools a plus
- Basic mathematical ability
- Familiarity with construction sites.
- Experience working in all weather conditions.
- Experience with handsaw tools and concrete cutting equipment including trowels, groovers and hand floats.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.; walk on uneven surfaces; stand; bend; twist; and kneel for long period while performing strenuous physical activity under varying and adverse field conditions.
- Outgoing customer service personality.
- Strong communication skills.
- 1 year of construction experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
Auto req ID: 9654BR
Pay Class: Hourly
Line of Business: Concrete