We currently have a Territory Sales Manager career opportunity at our Chicago, Illinois location.
Essilor is an international company and the leading provider of eyeglass lenses in the world. Our mission is improving lives by improving sight, and we work every day to bring good vision to the 4.5 billion people around the globe in need of visual correction. Our products such as Varilux, Crizal and Transitions are available in more than 130 countries and are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor of America and its subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., employ more than 7,000 in the U.S. and own the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the U.S.
Territory Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Manager is the first level of contact with existing accounts in their assigned territory and is responsible for achieving sales objectives and growing sales with Essilor Instruments. This individual will be representing Essilor Instruments finishing and ophthalmic products. The Territory Sales Manager will develop and maintain strong working relationships with optical retail stores, opticians, optometrists and ophthalmologists within their assigned territory to ensure successful customer relations. This person will consistently achieve established sales goals. They will be communicating on an ongoing basis with the Sales Director regarding personal development, sales results, and plans of action.
- Nurtures relationships with existing customers and continuously develops a new customer base.
- Performs territory and account sales planning activities. Monitors and analyzes changes in the market, competitor activity and customer base, and adjusts sales plans accordingly.
- Uses analytical tools and software applications effectively to manage Territory accounts. Utilizes CRM (Maximizer) to manage and track all leads through sales cycle.
- Anticipates and addresses customer needs and issues proactively, resolves customer issues in a timely manner and uses the opportunity build a stronger relationship.
- Effectively demonstrates use of Essilor Instruments finishing and ophthalmic products at customer sites. Conducts customer follow up product training at customer sites as needed.
- Actively attends trade shows, conferences and training seminars throughout the year.
- Builds and implements a strategy for all accounts and creates in-depth strategy for key accounts.
- Completes requested tasks effectively from management and corporate office in a timely manner.
- Uses consultative selling approach with customers that drives immediate sales and establishes long-term business partnership.
- Varies professional selling approach based on segmentation, audience and customer's business approach.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience outside B2B outside sales. Experience selling capital equipment to optical industry professionals is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate exceptional communicative and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Capable of regularly operating a vehicle for an extended period to travel the territory up to 80% of the time.
- Capable of driving for an extended period under a variety of conditions and spending extended periods sitting in the vehicle.
- Flexible work schedule as out-of-the-area and overnight travel are expected.
- Candidates must live in the territory.
Essilor of America and/or its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.