Early Childhood Educator/ Pre-K 2 1/2 to 5 year of age
Essex Irvington, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22,500 to $30,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
- Responsible for planning and executing the educational program in accordance with the NJ Early Learning Standards, and meeting the purpose and goals of Concern Mom Corp
- Responsible for the general supervision and management of all classes – preschool children.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master Teacher, or B.A in Early Childhood, or P-3 Certified,
*Bi-Lingual Preferred (English - Spanish) ** High Scope Curriculum Practices
At least five (5) years experience, with a strong desire to impact children's lives while improving parents' understanding, participation, contribution, and collaboration...
Professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood education or development; meeting the requirements of the licensing agency. An individual who is sensitive, mature, relates well to children and adults.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the program for the class in accordance with policies and philosophy of Concern Mom SOEW.
- Gear the program to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interests, handicaps, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Consider individual children in relationship to their cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Treat children with dignity and respect.
- Plan and implement appropriate early childhood education experiences with a variety of materials in the fields of art, music, literature, science, etc.
- Supervise and promote activities designed to enhance the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child enrolled at the Center.
- Supervise upkeep of all educational equipment and materials in assigned area.
- May eat all meals with the children and encourage development of sound nutritional practices.
- Help children to become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
- Maintain progress records of each child’s growth and development, prepare periodic reports, and review with Director and parents.
- Work with parents to promote understanding of their child’s growth and development; encourage parent participation in school programs; attend parent group and Center functions; conduct conferences on request.
- Be responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom and its learning centers.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities for their classroom.
- Attend all staff meetings. Plan and implement one staff training meeting each school year.
- Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth, maintaining current knowledge of daily childhood practice.
- Effectively train, supervise, and utilize classroom assistants and primary floaters.
- Contribute to Staff In-Service Training Program by planning, leading, or assisting in a workshop presentation or by developing resources.
- Conduct parent conferences on each child’s school adjustment, classroom behavior, and developmental progress.
- Plan and implement methods of establishing a positive liaison with parents. Communicate frequently with parents informally, with periodic notes and verbal communication as well as a Parent Letter at least monthly.
- Assist in public-relations events sponsored by the Center.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Prepare daily attendance report for children in assigned group.
- Help children establish good habits of personal hygiene; change diapers and assist with toilet training as needed.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the Center at all times.
- Participate in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
EssexWhy Work Here?
Family Oriented, Team Work, Flexible, Fair & Respectful, Healthy Human Relation for Successful Educational Outcome!
Small Corporation in Early Childhood Education age range from 6 weeks to 5 years, and After School up to 13 years. Accommodation for any given time 34 children. Each classroom capacity is base of the following: Nursery/Infant - (8) from 6 weeks to 17 months; Infant/Toddler - (17) from 18 months to 29 months; Pre-K 2 1/2 to 5 (9) children. As the daycare children leaving, accommodation is made for After School children.
907 Chancellor AveIrvington, NJ
EducationView all jobs at Essex