Scope of the Role:
Oversees all plant/manufacturing operations and provides leadership as the designated
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the manufacturing related operations, supporting the culture of Safety, Quality and Customer focus.
- Align plant level initiatives and measures to Essentra Components strategic objectives.
- Champion the Essentra Continuous Improvement program at all levels of the manufacturing operation, including culture change management and measure alignment.
- Develops and control plant reporting including full P&L responsibility, plans and budgets.
- Manages cost effective systems of operating expenditures, staffing/headcount, wages and salaries.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Monitors overall production performance and quality standards.
- Maintains plant facilities and equipment, replaces or makes adjustment to equipment.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of production supervisors and other direct reports.
- Provides leadership in training and professional development for production supervisors.
- Sets standards of shop floor organization, plant cleanliness among employees.
- Responsible for safety and group reporting standards.
- Excellent Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking/decision-making and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to handle change management in a productive and diplomatic manner.
- Displays skills in inter-group relationships and the ability to get people to work together.
- Deep understanding of continuous improvement programs, both at a design level and a shop floor implementation level
- Core commitment to safety and creating a safe and respectful work environment
- Understanding of Lean, TPM or Six Sigma manufacturing techniques
- Good training and teaching skills.
- Good analysis skills, style, empathy, employee relationship skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supervision/leadership role.