Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas and Perth, Australia. Our growing organization also operates the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
The Warehouse Associate will be familiar and experienced in warehousing, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving and must be able to work quickly and accurately under strict time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude. Our warehouse is a unique environment that is climate controlled, exceptionally clean, has a casual dress attire and a fun and collaborative team.
At Essense we like to have fun while we work hard. We offer an energetic environment in an exciting & creative industry. Our team enjoys staff amenities like fresh organic fruit in our break area and office events where you get a chance to relax and socialize with colleagues. We provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, short term disability, long term disability as well as a 401K plan.
What We Expect
- Unloading and stocking of inbound shipments
- Picking and shipping outbound orders ensuring accuracy and timeliness with both product and paperwork
- Assist with inventory management
- Ensuring the warehouse space is utilized effectively and kept clean and in order
- Comply with all established safety standards and insure safety awareness is maintained regarding all work processes; report and work to remedy any safety concerns in a timely manner
- Assist with general maintenance and facilities related projects for multiple business locations as needed
- Support a variety of interdepartmental projects including set-up / tear-down for events, various mailing projects, and other tasks as requested
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years previous experience in an automated warehouse, order fulfilment or shipping / receiving environment. Apparel wholesale / retail distribution or order fulfilment experience helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to sort stock according to style number and accurately pull orders for shipment.
- Experience with relevant inventory tracking, scanning, and software used for receiving and inventory purposes preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment where multi-tasking and adaptability are a requirement.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet acceptable driving record criteria.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis along with the ability to work on your feet for the majority of the day. Must be able to place gowns on rolling racks and frequently push and pull racks into appropriate position in warehouse. Must be able to squat, bend and kneel in order to load and unload boxes.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team. In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces technology. We recognise and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. As such, we provide competitive salaries and ample opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills, spark and drive to help us further our growth, please go to https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/ and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application.