Maintenance Mechanic Technician (Shift: 6pm- 2:30am M-F)
Essendant Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $26 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Shift: 6pm- 2:30am M-F
Pay: Dependent on experience
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the repair, preventative maintenance, and improved performance of Distribution Center equipment and hardware, which may include conveyor systems, power equipment such as forklifts and pickers, rack installations and dock doors.
- Communicates with Managers/Supervisors and associates concerning work to be performed and/or status of equipment.
- Performs necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications or preventative maintenance as appropriate.
- Observes and/or tests adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation.
- Notifies Managers/Supervisors when repairs or maintenance is completed.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendants' Core Values. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Maintenance 1 and 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, material handling equipment etc.
- Ability to appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Center functions as required.
- Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English. Ability to perform basic math.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certifications: As specified.
- Minimum three years general maintenance experience required
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.
Essendant is a pure wholesale distributor of a broad range of business products including office, janitorial, break room and industrial supplies. We “win from the middle of the supply chain” by enabling the success of our suppliers, our reseller customers, our associates, and the communities we serve. By stocking a broad range of products across key market channels, and by offering sophisticated logistical capabilities and innovative value-added services, we enable our resellers to respond efficiently to the demand for business products from millions of consumers. By giving our suppliers logistical excellence and broad market reach, we enable their success.
5440 Stationers Way SacramentoSacramento, CA