* Monday through Friday -- no weekends
* Shift available (3:00pm - 12:00am)
* Weekly Pay!
* Starting pay $13.50 +.55₵ shift differential= $14.05 per hour
An advanced-level distribution role that requires frequent material handling equipment use. This role utilizes cutting edge technology in a fast paced environment to delight and create value for our customers by moving our business products accurately and timely.
· One or more of the following critical supply chain functions that assist in delivering product to our customers.
o Inbound freight receiving
o Full case receiving stocking
o Customer return processing
o Full case order selecting and replenishment processing
o Order shipping and truck loading
· Typically requires the use of Stock Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance Forklifts and Electric Pallet Jacks.
· Ensure proper trailer docking procedures are followed; unload trailer, stage product and inspect pallets for quantity and damages; remove damaged product and validate all paperwork to the load (i.e., piece count, signatures, etc.); properly annotate discrepancies on freight bill or appropriate documents; utilize warehouse technology to verify and process freight and create receiving manifest and receipt tickets.
· Place receipt tickets on correct item(s) on pallet; sort pallet between bulk and shelf items; transport pallet or cartons to appropriate zone or location; remove carton(s) from pallet, green rack or cart and place in designated warehouse location.
· Print applicable Return Goods Report; obtain and enter return authorization number into warehouse technology and print and apply return ticket(s); inspect return item for quantity and quality assurance; clean, repackage and/or repair item (if necessary); complete necessary oral and written communication (i.e., order supplies; credit or return information); disposition item to appropriate location.
· Obtain pick label(s) and locate appropriate items and quantities; place shipping/pick label on carton and prepare carton; follow packing slip process and apply to carton as necessary; place carton/bags on conveyor or rolling equipment for transport to appropriate staging location; stock “HOT Replenishments” as needed.
· Review system and/or order to determine what is short or out at location and utilize warehouse technology to ‘look up’ alternate locations for item; if available obtain carton from bulk location or eaches from shelf location; document receipt transactions and follow warehouse technology procedures to process order.
· Unload fulfilled carton/bags and stage for shipping on appropriate pallet; apply stretch wrap to completed pallets; write appropriate information on pallet placard or shrink wrap; stage pallets and load truck; secure and stabilize cartons and pallets throughout the loading process.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment following all policies and procedures
· Active participant in our Lean Continuous Improvement culture and process.
· Understand and demonstrate Essendant's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Highly dependable individual demonstrating key USI Values including Teamwork, Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
· Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Distribution 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
· Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
· Ability to leverage appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, Associate Kiosks etc.
· Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
· Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
· Ability to perform basic math.
* Must be willing to submit a Background Check & Drug Test
* High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.