Essendant Orchard Park, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $21 Hourly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
This position is primarily responsible for identifying and cultivating sales opportunities to achieve sales and margin goals. Responsible for building lasting relationships with new and existing customers, soliciting new business across all product categories and is also responsible for selling and educating the customer base on the use of internal resources for operational support. Finally, is accountable to achieving key metrics that support success for their assigned for their Territory
The primary segment for the SMB Account Executive is to convert, retain, and drive category expansion with small and medium sized proactive and reactive customers for Essendant.
- Confidently builds lasting customer relationships by initiating outbound calls, and using Teams when customer is agreeable to build relationships with decision-makers.
- Informs customers on Essendant’s complete portfolio, promotions, marketing tools, and digitial services available, assisting in the effort of growing the business.
- Initiates new customer reltiaonships with Essendant and undertake initial solution development necessary to create lasting relationships with the customer.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal resources, including support, service and management resources, transportation and pricing, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Ensures complete customer satisfaction by working with appropriate internal resources for problem resolution, product management, and operational needs.
- Negotiates pricing and/or bid support as necessary to acquire new business or regain lost business.
- Collaborates, coordinates and strategizes with customers and Field counterparts to define detailed growth strategies to grow customer business.
Effective Sales Representative Skills, Behaviors
- Identifies sales opportunities through their website and account profiling, and develops plans tailored to the customer’s business model.
- Solicits new business to customers by offering support in all product categories, leveraging internal specialists if necessary.
- Sells solutions using Essendant’s Core Values and Guiding Actions, along with other objectives deemed critical by the company and in annual goals.
- Generates sales and margin growth while being cognizant of EBITDA.
- Plans and organizes calls and activities for the day in order to maximize sales and meet key metrics.
Discipline of Management Processes and Tools
- Educates and is a consultant to customers on Company products, values, services, and marketing tools available to help grow customer business.
- Promotes Company freight and pricing plans and programs, Company Customer Training, where available, and the use of the both self-serve, and Customer Care Centers as appropriate for each customer.
- Provides bids and updates and maintains ad hoc touchpoints with customer stakeholders.
- Conducts annual and semi-annual internal and external business reviews
- Preparing research around market trends, customer needs, and cross/up-sell opportunities. Gain insights to customer’s short and long term frequent business reviews and is informed of innovations available in the business.
- Provides assigned accounts with company's products, programs, and services to assist in the development of business.
- Completes accurate and timely sales and personal administration tasks including weekly internal review of sales results
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Covers for SMB counterparts’ territories while they are out of the office for a week or longer.
Skills/Knowledge of the Ideal Candidate
- Assessment of sales drivers, decision makers, and viable deals.
- Skilled at remote relationship development and maintenance skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close sales.
- Business acumen to discuss and develop solutions tailored to a broad set of customer needs through the ability to assess customer needs, probe for objections and look for creative solutions to promote/sell the company’s products and/or services.
- Identify mutually beneficial initiatives for growth for both Essendant and the customer.
- Compelling articulation of the unique Essendant value proposition.
- General expertise in customers industry/market
- Excellent ability to communicate with customers at all levels of management – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of competition within a sales environment.
- Understanding of e-business and e-marketing.
- Strong application and understanding of pricing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of distribution, customer service, and procurement/expediting processes.
- Excellent follow up skills to ensure timely resolution in meeting customer needs.
- Strong time management skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong results orientation.
- Excellent ability to work cross functionally within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of company applications and systems.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three (3) years Sales or related experience.
Essendant is a pure wholesale distributor of a broad range of business products including office, janitorial, break room and industrial supplies. We “win from the middle of the supply chain” by enabling the success of our suppliers, our reseller customers, our associates, and the communities we serve. By stocking a broad range of products across key market channels, and by offering sophisticated logistical capabilities and innovative value-added services, we enable our resellers to respond efficiently to the demand for business products from millions of consumers. By giving our suppliers logistical excellence and broad market reach, we enable their success.
AddressOrchard Park, NY