Summary/objective: As an Estimator / Project Manager for Durabuilt Construction, you are responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project; ensuring that the client is satisfied, and the project is profitable. Ensure that all costs are included in a project estimate, so clients are fully informed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Understand the scope of work for each project
- Understand documentation and project requirements
- Prepare relevant and reliable timelines
- Accurately estimate project costs
- Responsible for managing the project crew
- Schedule subs, oversee their workmanship
- Order materials
- Keep track of the budget
- Represent DuraBuilt Construction professionally, be the main point of contact for the client and provide impeccable customer service
- Attend meetings with the client
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required education and experience
- Courses in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
- 3 years’ experience as construction estimator
- 5 years’ experience in project management
Preferred education and experience
- BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
Attributes and Competencies
- Detailed and observant
- Analyzing the tasks to determine which trades people are needed and related costs
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Follow safe work practices
- Familiar with company policies and safety procedures
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand architectural construction documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Travel required: Local travel to the job sites.
Work environment: Most of the work is performed at the job sites. Will work occasionally in the showroom/office.
Physical demands: This position entails heavy physical demands. Performance of the required duties and responsibilities will require the ability to:
- Frequently stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit two to four hours at a time working on a computer or during a project planning meeting
- Handle and use tools, equipment, products, and materials as required
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business giving you a chance to show your skills, shine & further your career.
ESSENCE DESIGN BUILD is a kitchen and bath design showroom, connected to a construction company specializing in design-build projects of remodeling and room additions. as well as supply of framed and frameless cabinets, countertops, and plumbing fixtures. Our goal is to assist homeowners, designers, and contractors find the most efficient use of any space, unique in style, and creative and functional design. To serve them for many years to come. We are complete with a team of highly skilled and dedicated designers and tradespeople. We specialize in designing kitchens and bathrooms.
Essence DesignSunnyvale, CA
Get fresh Estimator/Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.