- Posted: over a month ago
Essel Environmental is the go-to resource for responsive, high-quality environmental, engineering and emergency response services.
We are looking for candidates with various safety experience levels to work on various, ongoing projects, throughout the US.
- Collaborate with project managers in the preparation of site-specific safety documentation JHAs, H&S plans, reports, and permits
- Conduct continuous worksite safety inspections, audits, and risk assessments to identify non-compliance issues and implement the necessary preventive or mitigating measures
- Maintain current knowledge on safety rules, regulations, and laws to ensure all projects comply with company safety policies, client requirements, and adherence to regulatory safety laws
- Communicate with various safety representatives and other governing bodies as it relates to project-specific health and safety.
- Identify metrics that can be used to support safety, safe practices, and employee engagement
- Record and investigate near-misses to determine root causes
- Ensure personnel have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and that the equipment is used correctly
- Share information, suggestions, and observations with the project manager to create consistency in safety procedures throughout the project
- Conduct daily safety meetings and the necessary site-specific safety orientations
- Assess subcontractor safety plans and JHAs
- Attend project planning meetings and collaborate with project managers
- Monitor safety-related documents, reports, and issues to keep them updated
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Health and Safety Technician (CHST) preferred.
- Additional safety certifications desired (CSST, ASP to CSP)
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Certified.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA standards
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, preferred
BusinessView all jobs at Essel Environmental