Esports Engine Burbank, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service Esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class Esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading Esports company for new gaming titles.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Burbank, CA
The Senior Editor will have a hybrid of expert creative and technical abilities. The Senior Editor will be both a master storyteller, versed in scripted and unscripted narrative, as well as a technical master of editing theory and software. They will be proficient in Premiere and After Effects, able to edit in linear or nonlinear material, as well as create polished motion graphics. The Senior Editor will be knowledgeable on modern production and editorial techniques, workflows, and technologies, and always striving to push every project forward by bringing cutting edge ideas and skills to the table. They will work autonomously, building and owning all creative and technical editorial aspects, and will also effectively collaborate as a member of a team, often within rigid guidelines, following a script, taking notes from multiple sources and executing them. The Senior Editor will also excel in client-facing situations as needed. The Senior Editor will be able to take on basic oversight of other editors and assistant editors as needed. Be prepared to help build something great!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Video editing in Adobe Suite, to include: narrative, mechanical, technical editing, graphics, basic sound mixing and color timing, and other professional editorial needs per industry standards
- Create sophisticated motion graphics, titles, animations, and effects in After Effects
- Provide creative brainstorming and ideating, broadcast support, content pre-production and production support, and comprehensive post-production collaboration and support to the broader content department
- Commission, accept, and provide creative feedback on all aspects of an edit, to include: graphics, opens, narrative, b-roll use, and all media elements in conjunction with the creative team
- Occasional oversight of other editors and assistant editors as needed, reviewing their edits, assigning tasks, providing direction
- Conduct research around games / projects, its community, player base, fan base, professional scene, and all relevant show topics
- Act as a layer of quality assurance/control by reviewing all show graphics, music, audio, and media elements prior to the content going live/delivery to client
- Recognize, communicate, and escalate issues to relevant project leads and stakeholders; offer solutions to remedy identified issues
- Interface with clients when needed on creative projects
- Perform other tasks as assigned
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE
- 8+ years professional editing experience
- Expert proficiency in editing with Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with standard color correction software, Google Suite, Frame.io, and Airtable
- Ability to optimize short-form content for social media platforms
- Proficient soft skills in communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem solving, work ethic, time management, and accountability
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and medium to large-scale projects / tasks with limited supervision
- Willingness to take charge in ambiguity, while being able to juggle and shift tasks / projects to meet the ever-changing, ad hoc nature of production and post production
- Ability to plan, organize, execute, and implement feedback comprehensively, addressing all instruction / notes with accountability
- Commitment to learn and expand your abilities; staying up-to-date and identifying new technologies, tools and workflows that can increase efficiency & productivity
- 2+ years working in gaming related content
- BA in Media/Film/TV/Entertainment
- A passion for Esports and gaming
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or updated by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Esports EngineWhy Work Here?
We are fans. We are competitors. We are players.
Delivering industry-leading turnkey esports operations and legendary experiences for the fans.
Arts and Entertainment