P/T Medical Department Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Department Coordinator (part-time) is responsible for managing specific administrative functions of the Medical Department, including supporting the quality assurance program, coordinating certain aspects of the clinician schedules, and serving as the point person for clinician loan repayment. This is a part-time (16 hours/week), on-site position.
Departmental Vision and Direction
- Assist with casting direction and vision for the department.
- Assist with continual department process improvement
Medical Director and Clinician Leadership Support
- Support projects of Medical Director, Site Medical Directors, and Associate Medical Directors, as needed and as available.
- Know and communicate Medical Department policy to clinicians and staff when appropriate. Assist with drafting, editing, compiling, and formatting medical department policy and procedure.
- Assist with providing spiritual support, encouragement, and mentorship to staff as needed.
- Take initiative to check in with clinicians, advocate for clinician wellbeing and concerns, and work toward resolution of any problems that arise.
- Respond to clinician communications in a timely fashion.
- Site Administrator for federal, state, and private loan repayment programs (i.e. NHSC, NCLRP, PA State Loan Repayment Program, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, and Project MedSend), coaching clinicians through the application process as necessary, advocating for the clinic with the loan repayment programs, and assisting with in-service verifications.
- Coordinate the utilization of part-time clinician computers at HP, assuring uninterrupted availability
- Participate in clinician screening and interviewing when able.
Scheduling and Appointment Utilization
- Create monthly after-hours clinician call schedule and communicate call schedule to after-hours call service and Temple University Hospital.
- Oversee service provided by the After Hours Answering Service, maintaining clinician on call information, troubleshooting problems, and reviewing invoices.
- Coordinate extended coverage schedule (every other month).
- Make changes to monthly provider schedule as needed, in collaboration with Medical Department Administrator.
- Facilitate and coordinate the activities of the QA Department
- Manage schedule, set up video conferencing, and take minutes for monthly QA meetings.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly QA hub meeting graphs for providers, and updating clinic-wide and individual clinician-over-time measures.
- Distribute individual productivity feedback to clinicians at least quarterly.
- Perform after-hours clinician response time page audit at least monthly.
- Support QA activities of Associate Medical Directors, as needed, including obtaining reports, generating graphs, and creating educational materials.
- Assist with maintaining Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recertification
- Help to manage the reporting system for the annual recognition submission.
- Work with the Associate Medical Director of QA and the Care Management and HIV Administrator to coordinate interdepartmental PCMH check-in meetings on a semi-annual basis and the ongoing collection of relevant & updated policies and procedures for annual reporting purposes.
- Work with Medical Director and Associate Medical Director to register clinicians for Meaningful Use Incentive payments.
- Help to cover tasks during absences of Medical Department Administrator and full-time Medical Department Coordinator.
- Regularly participate in and lead devotions.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Administrative experience, preferably 1-2 years.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Experienced with MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates lifestyle consistent with the teachings of the Bible.
- Accountable to and active in a Bible-teaching church congregation.
To carry out its mission, it is of critical importance for Esperanza Health Center (EHC) to keep our patients, families, and workforce safe and healthy and to support the health of our global community. In keeping with this, EHC has mandated all workforce members on-site at any EHC location for any portion of their time be vaccinated for COVID-19. This also includes contractors and EHC volunteers. This vaccine mandate is in alignment with applicable local, state, and federal mandates.
Potential employees may request exemption consideration for EHC vaccine requirements for valid religious and medical reasons. Please note that start dates will be delayed until candidates are fully immunized or valid exemption requests are reviewed and approved.
Esperanza Health Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Esperanza Health Center