Marketing and Events Manager
- $48,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Escuela de Guadalupe is an innovative independent Catholic, dual-language school in southwest Denver. It has been recognized locally and nationally for its academic excellence and for being financially accessible to all families.
The key objectives of this position are to provide a high level of support to the school’s development activities, including and especially development of the school’s major gifts program, the student sponsorship program, and annual fundraising events.
Escuela is actively seeking an energetic, passionate and skilled Marketing and Events Manager. This position will be an integral part to the school community and demonstrate a commitment and passion for the mission of Escuela de Guadalupe. Our ideal candidate possesses a combination of skills and experience in the following areas:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communication or related field or three years of professional experience in the marketing or events industry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills (bilingual, English/Spanish preferred)
- Experience with a broad range of computer applications including electronic communications programs (including websites) and social media; donor-database software; Microsoft Office applications and Adobe applications.
- Skills in collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Entrepreneurial with a self-led attitude
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following list of Major Duties and Responsibilities may not fully represent the exact job responsibilities. This is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all skills, duties and responsibilities.
Marketing & Communications
Manage external communications including website, electronic newsletter, social media, and other correspondence with the community.
· Create and manage all content including: website, social media, event scripting, brochures, etc.
· Capture and chronicle designated school events
· Maintain an updated web presence on school website and social media platforms
· Design and produce collateral including: info brochures, annual reports, eNewsletters, videos, newsletters, etc.
· Increase local media presence
· Update and review schoolwide marketing materials: fact sheets, information packets, etc.
· Assist with content creation through student and faculty interviews, data analysis, etc.
Assist with overall development effort, including and especially development of the school’s major gifts program, the student sponsorship program, and annual fundraising events.
Communication with Donors/Prospects
· Develop and produce monthly eblasts
· Coordinate quarterly mailed updates for individuals enrolled in the student sponsorship program
· Assist with database maintenance including contact information, background information, updates and financial gifts
· Provide administrative support for the Development department.
· Manage the E-Rate program and our relationship with vendors
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
· Manage annual events—Salud gala, breakfast event—including budget, objectives, and resources
· Develop and distribute event marketing materials to assist with sponsorship/ticket sales and item procurement
· Coordinate and service event committee needs to maximize volunteer usage
· Ensure timelines, volunteer needs, logistics are met for each event
· Interview and hire all vendors needed for event execution and secure contracts
· Coordinate post-event follow up for major events
· Organize and facilitate all events associated with the Student Sponsorship program
· Plan Escuela 101 luncheons with Development team
Preferred Skills and Specifications:
· Highly proficient level computer skills including Adobe Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Expert knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism; expert knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
· Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
· Competent data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
· Full benefit package including health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life AD&D, 403b retirement plan, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays
A great school, with amazing people.
Escuela de Guadalupe is a private, Catholic school of excellence in Denver, Colorado serving pre-K - 8th grade. Our school was founded by a culturally rich community which strives to provide children an affordable option for quality, private dual-language education and a commitment to prepare students for college-prep high schools. At Escuela de Guadalupe, the spiritual, culturally relevant and compassionate environment supports the healthy development of each child while we achieve high academic expectations through our intellectually rigorous curriculum. In addition, all children at Escuela de Guadalupe are committed to full academic literacy across all content areas in both English and Spanish.
Escuela de GuadalupeDenver, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.