Project Manager (Remote US)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics. Learn more at www.eschergroup.com.
The Project Manager, as a key member of the Professional Services organization in Escher, will oversee delivery of Escher’s software products and services to its client base, which includes some of the most significant organizations in the global Postal industry. They will have experience managing complex, client-facing, software development projects across multiple teams, employing industry best-practice methodologies and tools to deliver in a controlled, timely and cost-effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of software implementation projects from concept through to go-live to Escher’s clients, with strict adherence to scope, time, cost and quality constraints.
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, of varying size and complexity.
- Build and maintain professional and trusted relationships with Escher’s clients, attending and presenting to required PM meetings.
- Plan in detail for project delivery including project scope, budget, resources and schedules.
- Direct, support and motivate cross-functional software delivery teams to ensure alignment to project goals.
- Identify and resolve issues within teams to ensure optimal team performance.
- Manage project development and delivery within an Agile framework, working closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team. Attend required sprint events.
- Create all PM artefacts and follow project delivery lifecycle as required by Escher’s PMO.
- Closely monitor and control project performance including continuous cost and schedule risk assessment.
- Deliver detailed project status reporting, billing and KPIs to management and clients.
- Proactively manage project issues and risks, escalating as and when appropriate.
- Monitor change and ensure adherence to change control process.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in Escher both within and outside of Professional Services including Product Management and R&D teams.
- Foster a positive working relationship with our partners and contractors and ensure alignment on project objectives and deliverables.
- Contribute, in close collaboration with Sales, to pre-sales contract process including RFIs, RFPs, project estimation, change requests, etc.
- Be accountable for release management to client, overseeing the final testing, packaging and delivery of the release to the client, including production of release documentation and update of issue tracking systems.
- Develop and coordinate with clients the mechanism for raising of defects from client acceptance testing of software deliveries.
- Look to continually improve the PM process, methodology and toolset to improve quality and efficiency.
- Contribute to development and refinement of Escher’s PMO.
- Travel to client sites as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience of project management.
- Experience of managing complex international software development and implementation projects.
- Client-facing project management experience.
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary teams.
- Should hold a recognized project management certification e.g. PMP, Prince.
- High degree of familiarity with the Agile framework. Experience of working on Agile Scrum projects.
- An Agile accreditation is desirable e.g. Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner.
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in .NET and C# based application development projects a plus.
- Experience of working in the postal, retail, banking, financial services or related software vendor arena.
- Comfortable working with project tools including MS Project, PowerPoint, JIRA (or similar).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance client and company needs in conduct of projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness to following process where required, regularly contributing to improvement of process.
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter with strong motivation, who works on own initiative.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to lead and motivate successful teams.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
- Must be US citizen or have a green card
- Must be able to pass security clearance requirements as a government contractor
- Ability to work during EST business hours
Why Join Escher?
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits and training allowance. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Escher is an equal opportunity employer.
We will not discriminate and will take affirmative actions and measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Get fresh Transformation Project jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.