EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
EY's FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax minimization planning, on-call advice, and tax compliance.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior in our Wealth & Asset Management practice, you will be responsible for tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You would work with Managers through Partners on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will be involved in tax compliance accounts for hedge funds, mutual funds and/or private equity funds.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid technical knowledge in the asset management tax area
- Ability to analyse trading reports for tax character and book tax differences, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and other securities issues.
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationship with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager ' and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- CPA license or a licensed Attorney is required or the ability to achieve one of these certifications
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you'll also have
- Excellent teaming, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in the asset management tax area
- A thorough understanding of building client relationships
What we look for
Hard working team player who is comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. Detailed oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines. Open mindedness and creative solutions to the job every day.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.