EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Process and Controls practice, a specialty advisory practice within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be responsible for planning, leading and performing internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures in accordance with the client's audit plan, risk management strategy and EY's internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies. You can expect to work with high performing teams, clients and market leaders in banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance sectors. As you build knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor to junior consultants within the organization as well as the clients.
Skills and attributes for success
On a typical day, you'll establish audit objectives, prepare an audit approach, perform analysis, prepare documentation, evaluate and test processes and related controls, as well as assist in the preparation of the final audit report. We'll look to you to stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business, as well as display teamwork, integrity and leadership to support and value your team's contributions, fostering innovation.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree
- Around 2 years of related audit or applicable business experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
Ideally, you'll also have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related discipline
- Around 1 years of public accounting experience
- Experience in the traditional and/or alternative asset management industry
- CPA, CA, APRM, CIA, CFA, CISA certification is highly desired. If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager
- Second language skills and international business experience
What we look for
We're looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The autonomy to use a variety of skills to accomplish goals within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.