General Automotive Mechanic/Technician needed to perform repair/maintenance on most makes and modes of passenger vehicles and light to medium duty trucks. Repairs/maintenance consists of but not limited to: brakes, tune-ups, oil changes, electrical systems, engine performance, diagnostics, heating & cooling systems, emission failures, steering and suspension, exhaust sytems, starting & charging systems, transmissions, and tires.
- Competive Salary of $15 to $19 an hour FLAT RATE to start based on prior experience/automotive repair education
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Heather Insurance with Company contribution
- ROTH IRA reitement program with Company contribution
- AFLAC Disability Insurance offered through Payroll Deduction
- Company Provided Uniforms
- Work Hours Monday Thru Friday 8:30 am to 6:30 pm; NO Weekends; Hour Lunch Break
- Must have own full set of basic automoitve tools with chest
- Possess a valid driver's liceses at ALL times during employments
- Show proof of completion of formal automotive repair technical education and previous work experience in the automotive repair field
- Possess an ASE Certification in at least one area of expertise OR be willing to obtain certification within one year of hiring date
Ernie's Auto Service
Why Work Here?Very busy, year round, NAPA Auto Care Center since 2003 at Zion, IL location. Five Bays, full service repair facility. Owner has over 55 years of experience in automotive repair career field; 26 of those years serving in the United States Air Force in transportation. Ernie's Auto Service enjoys an excellent reputation within the community and has an A+ rating with the Chicagoland Better Business Bureau. We strive to treat our customer's vehicles like our own, and our prices for parts and services are competitive. Ernie's Auto Service backs all our work with a Peace of Mind Warranty of 24 months/24,000 miles.
Family owned and operated; paid by the hour, NOT FLAT RATE OR BOOK RATE; company motto: Quality Service with Integrity