Assistant Service Manager
Assistant Service Manager
Reports To: Service Manager FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for partnering with the Service Manager in all operations of an Erik's Bike Shop service department.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
Driving Store Performance
- Demonstrate and motivate service staff to exceed customer expectations and drive performance to the highest level.
- Motivate staff to keep repair times to a minimum while maintaining high quality standards.
- Complete repairs and maintenance of bicycles and install accessories in a timely manner.
- Ensure understanding of customers needs and clearly explain any concerns.
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer's expectations.
- Process parts sales and check in/out bikes following proper procedures.
- Provide feedback to the Service Manager on ideas improve the department.
- Promote Erik's mission, values, and standards.
Managing Service Operations
- Monitor the daily repair schedule.
- Ensure service policies and procedures are adhered to and operations are efficient and safe.
- Partner with the Service Manager to ensure the service department is operating at the highest level.
- Create and maintain relationships with Erik's staff.
- Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the store presentable.
- Encourage service staff to engage and create a positive atmosphere for Erik's customers and employees.
- Continually coach staff to improve customer service, maintenance techniques and sales skills.
- Works closely with Service Manager to develop solutions for individual staff needs.
- A successful track record as a mechanic at Erik's.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to manage, inspire and lead a team.
- Solid understanding of bicycle repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of computers and technology.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to be mobile and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
This position profile is a representation of what is required for an employee to succeed. As company needs change, position expectations may change. It is expected that all employees complete any reasonable request that may not be listed in their job description. Employees who feel a request is unreasonable should contact Human Resources.
Erik's Bike Shop IncOak Brook, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.