Assistant Head Teller
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Serves as Assistant Head Teller responsible for providing the full range of Teller services to members. Assists Head Teller in maintaining efficient Teller operations and performing end-of-day processing.
- Assist Head Teller in maintaining and balancing vault. Process transfer slips to/from vault.
- Perform end-of-day tallying.
- Balance ATM machine. Process deposit envelopes, count and stock canisters and adjust discrepancies.
- Assist Head Teller in training employees on Teller operations.
- Perform routine member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers and check cashing.
- Provide routine information to members on Credit Union services and policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts, rates, and office hours.
- Respond to members' requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Explain member services available at the Credit Union.
- Process mail and night deposit transactions (if applicable to branch.
- Provide members with account status, including current balances and loan pay-offs.
- Deposit members' funds into CD and IRA accounts.
- Issue cashiers checks and money orders.
- Balance drawer at end of day.
- Provide members with the forms necessary to transact business at the Credit Union.
- Cross-sell products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Process coin shipments (if applicable to branch.
- Use Imaging System proficiently and do necessary research.
- Keeping up on all services and procedures of Credit Union.
- Auditing TCD's or TCR's and keeping them full (if applicable to branch.)
- Does necessary research and inquiries for members and employees.
- Must be able to handle employees and members when Head Teller is out of the office, becoming the acting Head Teller.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Credit Union policies and procedures, including compliance with federal laws and regulations as set forth by the NCUA and other regulatory agencies.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary.
- Process CTR reports, SAR reports, and monetary logs.
- Assist with mailings, promotions and special projects as necessary.
- Maintain Credit Union facilities.
- Attend meetings, conferences and seminars as necessary.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills for communicating with members and co-workers.
- Requires knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures.
- Requires completion of high school education.
- Requires basic mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Requires at least one year of experience in cash handling, retail operations or customer service. Previous Teller experience is preferred.
- Requires PC proficiency.
Sitting = Frequent Crawling = Occasional
Standing = Continuous Climbing = Occasional
Walking = Frequent Balancing = Occasional
Driving an automobile = Occasional Reaching Overhead =Occasional
Lifting/Carrying = Occasional Reaching Forward = Occasional
Amount of Weight = 25 to 50 lbs. Kneeling = Occasional
Squatting = Occasional Push/Pull = Occasional
Bending = Occasional Twisting = Occasional
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Erie Federal Credit Union
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Head Coach jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.